Wednesday, December 9, 2009
The boys checking out Brody. Preston could care less about what Brody is doing, where he is at, or if he is still part of the family. Preston was more concerned that he had all matching body parts and was indeed a "BOY"!
Connor on the other hand is very concerned and gives him kisses throughout the day. He always asks me, "where Brody at?" If he cries he says, "Brody hungee?" They think he is hilarious when he toots or has a mass explosion! He is growing so fast and is a very sweet little man!
Monday, November 30, 2009
Gordan B Hinckley
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Friday, October 2, 2009
1. His smile, it makes me smile...dimples and all...he is a happy boy!
2. That he loves to say his prayers and get exactly 5 kisses everynight at bedtime.
3. That he is always aware of Connor and can't stand it when Connor is asleep and not up playing with him. As much as they can fight, they LOVE each other!
4. He loves planes, trains, diggers, trucks, blimps, bombers, etc., He can name them all and is so smart. He loves to read or rather have us read to him...all his books are very well loved and worn.
5. I love that he wants to be a "big boy" and dresses himself, and wants to try things on his own and be independent. Some days I love his independence, other days, well it can be a struggle. ;)
6. He is my thinker, he likes to negotiate everything...I think sometimes am I really having this conversation with a 4 yr old.
7. He loves visiting his grandparents, he loves playing in the garden and picking veggies, I love that he eats carrots fresh from the garden, and I love finding his diggers in the rows. He loves getting rides on Grandpa's tractor, watering the plants, helping work on the scouts or harleys.
8. His favorites are orange cream soda, chocolate pudding, glow worm candies, waffles, peanut butter and jelly, mac and cheese, chocolate milk shakes, eggs, bacon, bananas, tangelos, cheese pizza, grilled cheese, steak and all kinds of berries!
9. I love his imagination and how he involves Connor in everything. He often tells Connor that he is his best friend...I hope that never changes! :)
10. He thinks all animals and bugs are "beautiful creatures", Connor tries to stomp them to death while Preston is trying to save them. They often take their flashlights out in the yard at night to look for slugs. They hold their flashlights to their bums and say their "lightning bugs."
11. Most of all I love that he tells Jim and I that we are his best friends too...I know this will change...but its pretty special now!
1. He has the best sense of humor, he always does something silly and then says "Connor funny"!
2. He is a pleaser, whether he is trying to help me with chores or playing with his brother, he tries so hard to make everyone happy and has the biggest smile.
3. He loves Preston! We will give Connor a treat and he will take it straight to Preston to share. He always asks "Where brother at?", and always is thinking of what will make him happy. If Connor has a toy that Preston wants he will say, "Here brother" and promptly hand it to him.
4. He is so smart! He has been potty training all summer and is doing awesome! He has a great vocabulary and is a talker! His favorite movies are Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, and The Polar Express.
5. I love his fine blond hair, it is still so soft and smells so sweet!
6. He is a tough little guy! He will have a good wipe out in the back yard and not let it stop him from having fun and keeping up. Often he will come in with a new scratch, bump, or bruise and will never have said a word about it. His feelings are more hurt with rejection from Preston.
7. He loves to play make believe, he and Preston come up with the best stories together. They love pretending their wizards and cast spells at each other...pretty funny! They also like to pretend their prairie dogs and get in my laundry baskets to watch movies.
8. I love his one dimple on his right cheek when he smiles!
9. He potty trained before his 2 yr birthday!
10. He just started sharing a bedroom with Preston and is in his own "big boy bed".
11. He is a great eater, his favorites are noodles, hot dogs, bananas, tangelos, rasberries, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, french fries, chips, and anything he can dip!
12. Connor is a mama's boy all the way, he loves to cuddle, give kisses, and tells all of us "lub you"!
Preston and Connor are night and day different not just because Preston has brown hair with green eyes and olive skinned and Connor is blond hair with blue eyes and very fair, but its their personalities. They are so much fun...I love all their differences and feel so blessed and grateful that they are mine!
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
I was so proud of us we were right on schedule, as we rounded the corner towards the Zoo off ramp we about died! The line to just get off the freeway to the Zoo was backed up about 1/2 mile on the freeway. We kept thinking there is no way this is for the exhibit, its a Members only day...yeah it was all for the zoo. There was no parking in the main lot by the time we were able to circle. We dropped Kevin off to stand in the ridiculously long line that wrapped along the fence and half way down the parking lot, we tried once to find something the Jim dropped me and the boys off at the entrance so we didn't have to walk from the overflow lot.
Once we got inside it wasn't terrible...we didn't rush to the new exhibit since we figured that was most peoples plan. The new exhibit was fun, we saw the lions, cheetahs, and dogs, they had other great climbing features and fun tunnels to run around in...they gave out bags featuring the predators. We had a great time, the boys were awesome and listened perfectly! We ended our day with the train ride...and no melt downs...and that is saying something!
As you have probably noticed there is not one picture of the new exhibit! It was so crazy busy and we were more concerned with keeping our eyes on the boys that we didn't take a picture...I can't even believe it! Ah, well there is always next time!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The Tillamook Air Museum was awesome, here are some pics of the cafe and gift shop...the boys wanted planes hanging from their ceiling too!
The classic "Corsair", one of Preston's favorites.
Connor really enjoyed the ranch dressing...
Sean and the boys talking about the bombers
One of the last Corsairs in existence...
Connor was just tall enough...reach!
The boys were very interested in the sweeper that cleaned the hanger floor
This plane was really cool, it was in the Rexburg Air Show last year, for a small fee the boys were able to climb all over the plane...it was the highlight of the day!
A great view of the hanger it was HUGE...Connor looks tiny...it was built as a blimp hanger and has all wood construction.
After the Air Museum we went to Oceanside to play, it was a perfect day and so warm!
My baby bump, at 7 months!
Grandma Jann, Uncle Sean, Uncle Kevin, Me, Preston and Connor
Sean and Me
Me and my baby!
I love this pic.
Jim showing the boys his skills
We played until Preston said he was ready to get ice cream...it was time to visit the Tillamook Cheese Factory!Connors "moo" face
They liked watching the cheese be made or just liked hanging off every railing in the whole cheese factory.
Jim was showing Preston how its done...busting out his moves...we had a great time!
It was supposed to be over 100 degrees in Portland which was perfect weather at the coast, it was about 75 with a light breeze. It had been at least 8 years since we had gone to the beach with my brothers and mom, we all had a great time and wished it lasted longer. Next year we are planning on renting a house for a few days--I can't wait!