Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Missing the Sunshine!

Ok so this is my first time attempting this whole blog thing...since my computer time is so limited I am hoping that I can keep in touch with more people with this blog...and of course keep everyone updated on all the happenings here in Rexburg!

I have always loved the winters, especially as the holidays approach, who does not dream of a white Christmas?! When Winter begins to last upwards of 6 months and the snow falls daily...I am beginning to understand the term "Seasonal Depression." Not to mention having a very active two year old inside everyday all day, and a 5 month old that is very needy, yeah its enough to make you rethink living here long term...or maybe just having anymore babies!

We just got back from a company all expenses paid trip to Scottsdale, AZ. We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa at Gainey Ranch. Oh, I had been looking forward to this "mini-vacation" for months! It lived up to the anticipation...a day at the spa...shopping any direction you drove...fine dining...oh and of course golfing for the men. The boys were perfect and I feel refreshed to take on more snow! It was fun to celebrate my birthday somewhere other than here where I could really shop! I just wish I could show off my french pedicure, it was my first and it won't be my last! They did this awesome thing...they melted parafin wax and poured it into these stockings that they then slipped onto your leg. I had had many pedicures before this one...but let me tell you nothing compares to this wax treatment! Needless to say Jim has offered to send me to the spa monthly and I am thinking I may take him up on the offer.

The boys are growing up so fast! Preston has a HUGE vocabulary, Jim has taught him funny saying like, "It happens." So now when he does something he knows he shouldn't he claims "it happens." Thanks Jim! lol Preston makes us laugh everyday, he has quite the personality. I am always surprised at how much he loves other children and how well he plays with new children. He is independent, confident, and adapts really easily to change. Of course he loves anything with wheels, planes, trains, diggers, JCB's, cars, you name it...I don't think you can have enough cars and trucks with boys. He now sleeps in his big boy bed in his new big boy room...he really likes being a big boy and mommy's helper. One of the cutest things he has started doing is getting into mommy's tool drawer, getting out a screw driver and working on his diggers and tractors. He says he is workin'. Then he will put them back. He can count to 10, and now we are working on his ABC's. Potty training is coming along...its hard when it is your first time and you really have no clue if you are doing it right. Luckily I have some great friends with lots of experience to give me excellent tips during these times.
Connor is 4 1/2 months and has started eating rice cereal, playing in his saucer, rolling over, blowing bubbles, and talks a lot. He is so different than Preston, but he has been a lot of fun and has a smile to die for! Preston has more olive skin (from Jim), green eyes (from Jim) and dark hair, Connor has blond hair, blue eyes, and fair skin (all from me). It's amazing the joy children bring into your life, even though Jim and I have been together 9 years, its hard to imagine life before the boys! Family is where its at, I am so thankful for mine and my wonderful husband! Jim is my best friend, I never believed in a soul-mate, or "the one" until I met him and since then I am thankful for everyday with him. He is my other half, and makes my life to sweet!

Sean and Justin are on their way to Rexburg today to visit...oh I can't wait! I love my BIG boys, and miss them so much...

No comments: