Friday, January 22, 2010

Our Christmas Traditions

This year was a very special year. It was the 1st year in 7 years that we had our 1st Christmas tree(which my dad surprised us with the day after Thanksgiving) and weren't traveling during the holidays! Our tradition is that we have Christmas dinner and open presents at my parents house Christmas Eve. Growing up we always opened presents and celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. It has worked out perfectly because then we can enjoy Christmas morning as a family at our own home and then visit Jim's parents for Christmas dinner and gifts on Christmas day. I even got to make Christmas goodies with mom and Nikki this year! I have always wanted to make a list of Christmas goodies and make them and never to to, well this year I did! Brody is such a good baby he makes it much easier to accomplish everything I want and need to.
We always drive and look at Christmas lights, we also took the boys to the PIR for their Winter Wonderland festival of lights. The boys loved it! We didn't make it to Zoo lights, it was so cold, Jim wasn't to excited to freeze just to look at lights, and I wasn't about to take Brody out. I have been blessed with a very healthy baby...he hasn't gotten sick yet this season and I don't want to encourage any chances of it happening.


PIR:
Christmas Eve was so much fun as we gathered for dinner at my parents home. My grandma Leta and grandma Barbara joined us which was so special to have them there. We had a wonderful Christmas dinner, I tried candied carrots this year which turned out delicious! I love Honey Baked Ham! We then started exchanging gifts. Of course had to have the boys open one first to distract them from everything that was going on. We exchange names between siblings every year we had Kevin and Sean and they had us. Sean and Kevin spoiled us with a new Cuisinart Toaster 4 slices! I was so excited about a 4 slice toaster! Sean really spoiled us with getting Jim a new riding helmet with sweet graphics, and a Coach purse for me!We visited till the boys were exhausted and headed home. We read the "Night Before Christmas" to the boys before bed...I think we were more excited then they were...I don't think they quite understood what was happening. After they were sleeping we brought out "Santa's" gifts and stuffed their stockings! I just wish we got gotten more pics! I can't wait for next year when Brody will be walking and part of the action! He will add a new dynamic to the holidays! Santa and grandparents brought the boys lots of Imaginext, a Crayola Easel, I Spy and Geotrax. They have enjoyed their new toys every day! It was our 1st Christmas exchanging gifts withe each other at our own home...I LOVED it! I used my stocking money to buy Jim a North face jacket and U of O goodies and he surprised me with a Wii including Wii fit, so fun!!
Afterward we joined Jim's family for brunch and gift opening. We had a great time and the boys loved every minute. We came home for naps and the joined Jim's family afterward for Christmas dinner and stockings! It was a wonderful fun-filled day with many wonderful memories! I am so grateful for Jim and our 3 beautiful boys, that we could start our own family traditions and be together! This year brought many changes and many many blessings for which I am so thankful to my Heavenly Father.

No comments: