Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh Craigslist how I love thee

I am addicted to Craigslist and religiously check it everyday during Brody's morning nap and after the boys are in bed for deals...and things I just can't live without. So for our bedroom I wanted some classic antique pieces and bought that double bow-front dresser w/mirror that I just finished restoring and the single bow-front that I am in the process of restoring...when I found this...

At first I thought ooh ahh, and then I had to see it, then I had to buy it. Every piece is stamped in the drawer Morganton. Morganton furniture from North Carolina specialized in making Dining and Bedroom furniture all in Solid Mahogany. This set included the dresser w/mirror, chest of drawers, nightstand, and 2 complete twin beds (headboard, footboard and siderails). I also love the hardware! For being at least 70 years old, it has almost no wear and is in excellent condition.

Lovely crafted dove-tailed drawers...with serpentine fronts...no particle board!

Solid Brass Hardware

Of course the finish is not my favorite...so it will take a lot of sanding and staining but when finished will be a beautiful dark wood-I am thinking walnut!
I will add pics of the beds, mirror and nightstand soon...

No comments: