Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finding the time

Ok, so apparently I start many blogs and save them and then never come around to finishing them. I just seem to not be able to find the time anymore to sit down for that long and write. So I am recommiting myself to blogging. The problem is if I have the time I would rather be reading everyone elses blogs than writing my own.
No worries, we are still alive, made it through the holidays...and are just getting back into the daily grind.
Christmas, ah Christmas, usually my favorite time of year, but this year it just wasn't the same. I truly had too much stress to enjoy our trip to Portland. The whole time I was there I just couldn't figure out how to relieve my stress to enjoy the holiday, then I was stressed and frustrated that I was still stressed. Anyway, I concluded that I took on way to many stocking orders, and even after I closed my shop I had women emailing me asking if I could just do one more order; of course being naive and new to the whole thing I took on more orders. So because of the weather we had to leave Rexburg 4 days earlier than planned which cut into my stocking making days, so then I had to haul everything to portland to finish them there. Only to arrive in Portland during a huge snow storm, which delayed all my shipping. Anyway, lesson learned. December 5th is my new deadline no matter what!
Aside from the stockings, I realized that 2 1/2 weeks was way too long to visit. My kids were crazy, I had no down time, or "Me" time, and I felt every good routine that we had spent months and even years teaching the kids went out the window with 2 weeks of new bad habits formed. So another lesson learned, no long trips to Portland, 1 week max.
Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE my family and my siblings, we have a blast together, and we did...but it is better if they come here now that our family is growing. With all the snow that Portland got while we were there(like 20 inches) we tubed down our driveway, made a huge jump at the end of the driveway to snowboard down, ripped cookies all over the valley, had snowball fights, made snowmen, wrestled, made lots of homemade goodies, and played hard. There was a lot of gaming, junk food eating, and laughs!

No comments: