Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born! Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes, for over 2 years.
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excitement, shock, its a bit of a surprise when it is unplanned, but we were so excited! The look on Jim's face was the BEST--he was thrilled!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I was at work at the hospital, I hadn't been feeling very good for a few weeks and a nurse I am close to suggested taking a pregnancy test--she came up and gave me a hug and whispered in my ear I was pregnant...I wept.
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
Our close friends Holly and Dick and Jon and Jesse. We chose to wait until after my first doctors appointment to tell our parents. Once we told them it seemed everyone knew.
8. DUE DATE?
September 26, 2005
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Yes, everyday, multiple times a day, from morning till night, till the day Preston was born. It was not just the feeling of nausea it was violently vomiting till I was hospitalized...horrible!
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
I loved deli sandwiches...a hoagie! Any type, loved them!
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
How limited I am when I am pregnant, I am used to going and doing and I can't lift, push, bend over, paint, etc. Being limited irritated me.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
No, when I found out I was pregnant I prayed right then for all boys...a girl wasn't even a thought.
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
It's truly so embarrassing, 65lbs...barely staying under 190...eeh. I didn't do that again!
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Madison Memorial Hospital in Rexburg, Idaho
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?Jim, Dr. Lovell, and Helene- i had been scheduled to be induced for 4 days by Friday the 23rd I was emotionally done and went to see my midwife helene, as she checked me she said I was contracting and had dilated quite a bit and would probably have the baby that day or the next. She was concerned as she examined me that I wouldn't be able to deliver the baby naturally because of his size. She was right!
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
An Epidural for the C.
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
9 lbs., 8 oz
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
September 24, 2005
26. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Preston James Thornburg
27. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY?
3 years, 4 months, 1 week, 4 days