Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

On those exhausting days when I feel defeated and I have said, "No!", "Stop", "Don't Hit", "Don't push", "Go to the Corner", etc., so many times I sound like a broken record...I have to stop and take a time out myself and remember what a special blessing it is to be a mother!

"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and your body grows weary, when you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the question of how your children have turned out ... Do not trade your birthright as a mother for some bauble of passing value ... The baby you hold in your arms will grow quickly as the sunrise and the sunset of the rushing days."

President Gordon B. Hinckley


I am so grateful for the wonderful Mother's in my life.

For my own Mother, for her shining example, her devotion, kindness, love, patience and tenderness. She is my best friend, I know I can always call her for advice, a good cry, a great laugh, and I love that she always supports me and makes me feel good! There is something so comforting knowing your Mother is always there with a listening and loving ear. She helps me see the whole picture and does it with such love. I have been blessed with a wonderful Mother...moving home is something her and I just can't wait for. We both decided years ago that if I lived in Portland we both wouldn't get anything done we would be off playing too much...well yeah for playing!

I am grateful for my Grandmother's, Euleta and Barbra, who I am so close too. They have had a huge influence on me as a Mother. They both are so loving, supportive, accepting, hard-working, and amazing cooks! They have taught me awesome qualities to have as a Mother and I hope to be like them. I notice all the time little things that I do that is like them, or hear their voice in my ear on why we do things this way or that. More than anything I have loved how positive they both are...their excitement for Life is something I always want to have. I have countless memories with them and hope to have many more...they are amazing Mother's!

Finally I am grateful for my Mother-In-Law, Joclyn. I feel very blessed to have another Mother in my life that is so different from my own. She is always planning a family outing, making each experience a great one. I love that she is adventurous and is up for anything! Last summer I loved seeing her take off on our ATV for a ride with Jim through Kelly Canyon, or the summer before that driving many hours up to Montana to mine for Sapphires. I love that she loves the Coast and good food. Some of my favorite memories with Jim's family is spent at the Coast...enjoying Chowder at Moe's. We both share a love of Quilting and I have to say that if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be making my Christmas Stockings! Her and I are different but our differences make me appreciate all she has to offer and teach me.

I hope to be like the Mother's in my life...they are all amazing Women and most of all Mother's. They have all made huge sacrifices for their families and are amazing examples to me. I love you all, thank you for being my Mothers and Grandmothers...I am so blessed!

**thank you Mindi for the quote, I loved it!**

Elder M. Russell Ballard on mothering:

"There is no one perfect way to be a good mother. Each situation is unique. Each mother has different challenges, different skills and abilities, and certainly different children. The choice is different and unique for each mother and each family. Many are able to be “full-time moms,” at least during the most formative years of their children’s lives, and many others would like to be. Some may have to work part-or full-time; some may work at home; some may divide their lives into periods of home and family and work. What matters is that a mother loves her children deeply and, in keeping with the devotion she has for God and her husband, prioritizes them above all else."

"Recognize that the joy of motherhood comes in moments. There will be hard times and frustrating times. But amid the challenges, there are shining moments of joy and satisfaction."

M. Russell Ballard

“Motherhood, is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.”

Elder Russell M. Nelson

No comments: