Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday the 13th



Jim's birthday was yesterday, he turned the big '31', we had David and Staci watch the boys and we went out to Blue Hashi for some awesome Sushi. We had a great time just the two of us...it is so weird being able to leave the boys. We are having his party today. Yesterday should have been a day of celebration but instead it seemed it was filled with bad news, goodbyes, and mourning.

My mom called me sobbing sharing the news ... My dad had to put down our dear friend and companion Hunter on the 12th. He was my dads best friend for over 11 years and lived an awesome life. Jim and I took Hunter everywhere with us as we were dating, he was a member of our family that we will miss greatly. He went hiking all over the Columbia River Gorge with us, tubed, rafted, kayaked, and pontooned the Clackamas river, fished, camped, 4x4ing, dirtbiking, hunting, played at the coast and ocean, visited and went with us everywhere...he even went to work with me. We got him my 1st year away to college he was an English Labrador with incredible personality and disposition. Some animals become members of the family that are greatly loved and so very hard to say goodbye to. He will be missed...
My grandma had to put our dog Scout down last week on the 6th. He had become a great companion to her since my grandfathers death 3 years ago this month.

I heard that my uncle who had brain surgery on the 12th has brain cancer, they aren't sure of the severity and won't have all the tests back until next Friday.
I had to say goodbye (well not goodbye but see you soon) to a dear friend of mine who moved yesterday back home to Texas. There are some people you meet that you feel an instant connection to, they feel like family and no matter where they move to or how much time passes you can just pick up where you left off. Thank you Jess for all your love. My boys will miss you greatly...you are like family and are always welcome in our home anytime! We hope to see you soon...



I am not a crier but did shed a lot of tears this week. I hope next week is better.
On a happier note, two of my dear friends had babies this week, that always makes me smile, both had boys and both are doing great! ;)

2 comments:

Call me Hehaw said...

Hey Al, I am so sorry for your losses. It always seems like when it rains it pours. I hope things get better for you. Congrats on the new little one...I'll pray for that girl for you. Its is really nice to have a friend that understands the love of dogs...Not tat you just tie them to a tree and feed them when their bowl is empty. They are a part of your family....
Love Heather

The Lasaters said...

Al I love you tons and appreciate all you do. You and your family are amazing. Please share my love with Jim and the boys. I hope you are feeling well and know I think of you everyday. I have been so blessed to have you in my life. take care and I will see you soon hopefully.
Love Jess
ps. I really hope it's a girl ;)